Main image

Damirchi village mosque

Monument date
The beginning of the XX century
Placement
Previous toponym

It is located in the village of Demirchi (De­mirchili, Kicich Shorlu De­mirchi) on the right bank of the Zangi Ri­ver, 6 km northwest of Ulukhanli settlement, the center of Zan­gibasar mahal.

Placement
Current toponym

The name of the village was chan­ged from Kichic Shorlu Demirchi to Demirchi on 03.01.1935 and it was named Darpbnik on 19.04.1991.

Classification

Architec­ture

Current situation

It was destroyed by Armenians in order to erase the historical past of Azer­baija­nis in the area.

Information

The mosque, built at the beginning of the 20th century, was located in the center of the village. It operated until 1940. It was reopened in 1960 and was open for worship until 1988 . In official docu­ments, the name of the village is men­tioned by another name as Shorlu De­mirchi