Main image

Shukurbayli village mosque

Monument date
XVIII-XIX c.
Placement
Previous toponym

Iravan city un­til 1828 was Iravan, from 1828 to 1936 Erivan.

 

Placement
Current toponym

It has been cal­led Yerevan since 1936

Classification

Architec­ture

Current situation

The Russians chan­ged the in­terior of the mos­que and na­med it "Svyatoy Bogorodic" (Holy Mary). Shukurbayli mosque ope­ra­tes as a Russian church

Information

The Ottoman architectural style mosque, built in 1725 by Rajab Pasha in the Ira­van fortress, became a Russian Orthodox church after the 1828 Turkmanchay ag­reement. The Shukurbayli mosque built in Iravan still functions as a Russian Orthodox church. In 1827, Russians changed the interior of the mosque and named it Svyatoi Bogo­radich 194, 195, 196